Last Updated on April 28, 2021 by Bridge Media Dev
If you have purchased an underbody tool box, then you’ll want to know how to install it. Thankfully, our experts here at Trebor Manufacturing have put together this short step-by-step guide for you to follow. Keep reading to learn more about how to install and use this handy piece of trucking equipment.
Before installing your underbody tool box
- Always wear safety glasses when using power tools
- If lifting a minimum of 50 pounds is a challenge for you, ask someone for help
- Your underbody tool box needs to be supported from the bottom to ensure optimal capacity and lifespan
- Check the location of the fuel tank, fuel lines and electrical wires before you weld or drill any holes
What you’ll need to install your underbody tool box
Before you begin, you will need to gather the following tools and equipment:
- ½-inch flat washers
- ½-inch locknuts
- ½-inch wrench or socket
- ½-inch bolts
- Drill with a ½-inch drill bit
- Safety glasses
How to install your underbody tool box
Have you ever wondered “How do you install an underbody tool box?” or “How do you anchor a truck tool box?”? Look no further! Simply follow these three easy steps to securely install your underbody tool box.
- Use the proper mounting brackets to keep the tool box from falling off the truck. Trebor Manufacturing sells brackets separately.
- Figure out exactly where you want to install the support brackets on your truck or trailer. Then, drill holes in the support brackets. Your holes should be at least ½” wide.
- Drill holes in the bottom of the tool box, using the holes you just made in the support brackets as a template. Secure the box to the brackets with four nuts and bolts. Make sure that the support brackets are appropriately spaced out for the size of the box. We don’t recommend adding additional attachments at the back of the box because of the torsion that the truck and trailer frames are subjected to during turns.
Using your underbody tool box safely
Trebor’s underbody tool box is only intended for storing and transporting small tools and equipment. It should never be used for flammables, explosives, or hazardous waste or materials such as gasoline, solvents, gun powder, dynamite, cutting torches, propane or acetylene tanks, or any other forms of compressed gas. Like any other product, you get what you pay for in terms of quality. You definitely wouldn’t be comfortable using truck brakes that are “barely safe,” so why shirk on quality for any other piece of trucking equipment?
What makes Trebor’s underbody tool boxes stand out?
What is the best truck tool box? Are truck tool boxes universal? Well, you can probably guess our answers to these questions! We stand behind our product quality—without exception. When you purchase an underbody tool box from Trebor Manufacturing, you can rest assured that you’re getting top-of-the-line quality. What’s more, we take customized manufacturing seriously, as reflected in our robust product line, so you’re sure to find the right truck tool box to suit your specific needs. Did you know that you can even purchase a fully customizable tool box?
All our Trebor aluminum underbody tool boxes are made with highly durable 1/8”-thick aluminium. They are available in a smooth or diamond plate finish and come with either single or double doors. These underbody tool boxes can be used to store your chains and binders or any other equipment for your truck or trailer. Trebor Manufacturing offers a variety of custom additions and modifications to meet your precise needs. You can trust our experts to help you find the perfect underbody tool box based on your own personal criteria. The best part of it all? You’ll even receive a free quote!
Trebor Manufacturing is proud to serve dealers, retailers, manufacturers and distributors in the trucking business, including truck part dealers across North America. Contact us today to find out more about the different options available for your underbody tool box or to request a quote for any of our semi truck accessories, including aluminum tool boxes (such as underbody tool boxes), semi headache racks, custom headache racks or any other products such as dump bodies or flatbeds. One of our specialists will be happy to advise you on what is best for your truck and your business, whether you’re in Canada or the US.
At Trebor Manufacturing, we offer a fast turnaround time and top-quality products to help you hit the road in style safely!