If you’re planning on buying an underbody tool box or if you already have one, you’ll want to know how to install it. Here is a short step-by-step guide for you.
Before you install your underbody tool box
- Always wear security glasses during the use of power tools
- If it is difficult for you to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, ask someone to help you
- You will require bottom support for your underbody truck box, otherwise it’s capacity and lifespan will be reduced
- Check the location of the fuel tank, lines or electrical wires before you weld or drill any holes
Tools required to install your underbody tool box
To complete your job, you will need:
- ½ inch flat washers
- ½ inch locknuts
- ½ inch wrench or socket
- ½ inch bolts
- Drill with a ½ inch drill bit
- Safety glasses
Installing your underbody tool box
Here are the three easy steps to install your box.
- Use the proper mounting brackets to prevent the tool box from dropping off the truck. Trebor Manufacturing sells brackets separately.
- Drill a hole in your support brackets, but before you do, make sure you know exactly where you want to install them on the truck or trailer. Your holes should be at least ½ inch big.
- Drill a hole in the support brackets and box, but only pierce the box at the base (bottom). Secure the box to the brackets using your four bolts and nuts. Make sure that the spacing between the support brackets is in tune with the size of the box. We don’t recommend adding additional attachments at the back of the box because of the torsion the truck and the trailer frames undergo during turns.
This underbody tool box is only intended for storing and transporting small tools and equipment. Never use it for flammables, explosives, hazardous waste or materials such as gasoline, solvents, gun powder, dynamite, propane tanks, acetylene tanks, any other compressed gas or cutting torches.
Contact us today to find out more about the different options available for your underbody tool box. Trebor Manufacturing offers you many possibilities, including a fully customizable tool box that will meet all your needs. Our specialists can help you find the right tool box for you and will provide you with a free quote!