Last Updated on August 26, 2020 by Bridge Media Dev
Our Trebor custom underbody box interactive tool
Whether you’re a trucker or a parts dealer, if you work in the trucking industry then you can appreciate the importance of space and weight when hauling a load. These factors are particularly relevant when selecting an underbody tool box for your truck. Because your gear needs to be stored safely and efficiently, it’s worth thinking about exactly what you’re looking for when shopping for this piece of equipment. Would you like your underbody tool box to have dividers to separate your tools into their own compartments? Or would multiple sliding drawers be more to your benefit. Or is your tool box too big , allowing your gear to rattle around inside while you’re on the road, causing unnecessary (and preventable) wear and tear? These are just a few of the many important criteria to consider when choosing an underbody tool box.
With our custom tool box tool, you can effectively design your own tool box, meaning there’s more room for what you do use, with no room wasted for equipment you don’t use. You can choose everything from the dimensions and the type of finish, to the style of doors and handles—and more! So without further ado, let’s explore how you can have fun with our interactive tool when choosing an underbody tool box.
Understand your options
- Box finish: You can choose from three different finishes, each offered in several different thicknesses. Most clients opt for checkerplate aluminum due to its shiny scratch-resistant finish. If you’re thinking of painting your tool box in the future, opt for a smooth aluminum finish. For maximum resistance against wear and tear, you’ll want the stainless steel mirror finish (no rusting with this option!).
- Doors and handles: Your tool box can have either a single or double door. If you go with a single door, the open-down option sits at a 90-degree angle in the open position, creating a flat, portable workspace. As for handles, did you know we offer our own signature Trebor T‑handle? This customer favourite comes with a key lock.
- Door finishes: You can choose from any of the 3 box finishes for your door—of course, it doesn’t need to match the finish on the box itself!
- Accessories: Add-on options include gas shocks, shelves, drawers, dividers, air vents and hooks. We’re pretty sure that at this point in the design process, you’ll feel like a kid in a candy store!
- Brackets: Though they’re not a mandatory feature, you’ll definitely need to have your tool box supported on mounting brackets if you want it covered under warranty. The size of the brackets will depend on the dimensions of your box, however, you can also change the height of the brackets to raise or lower your tool box.
Trebor Manufacturing is proud to serve our dealers, retailers, manufacturers and distributors in the trucking business, including truck part dealers across North America. Please feel free to contact us or request a quote regarding all of our semi-truck accessories including aluminum tool boxes, such as underbody tool box(es), semi headache racks, custom headache racks or any other products such as dump bodies and flatbeds . If you’re shopping for an underbody tool box, you’ll definitely want to check out our interactive tool, where you can choose from all the options we have described above, how you can build your own custom tool box using our interactive online tool. But if your toolbox or any other of our product requires further customizations to suit your needs, feel free to call our customer service line and we will be more than happy to help you with further designs to your custom product to match your needs.